Monday, August 30, 2010

JOSIAH GOES TO SCHOOL

I haven't been able to catch up on this blog for the last 2 1/2 weeks because I had a lot to prepare for and was making time to be with my son, Josiah, who just started Kindergarten today...

I am now a proud parent of a school goer and is so excited for this milestone in his life to come to pass. I admit, I was super anxious a couple of weeks ago, to the point that I would have a hard time sleeping because I was so overwhelmed with mixed emotions. I've been a stay at home mom since he came into my life and realizing that he is now taking a step towards independence, just shook me with all kinds of worries and fears that only a mom would think about. I seriously thought I was going to have a meltdown on this day, but it wasn't so bad after all. I did break into tears and felt the pangs of heartache sweep over me, but as soon as he said, "Okay Mom, I guess it's time to say goodbye. See you later." I knew this was it and I had to accept the fact that he is growing up and is ready to make this step. I guess I didn't expect this day to come so quickly. Time flew too fast and I just need to cherish every day and every moment with my kids as much as possible.

My life is taking a new turn and I know that this day marks the first of many wonderful memories as my son embarks on a new journey. All I can hope for is that he will reach his highest potentials and be an exceptional learner who will LOVE school. I also hope that he will strive to become a strong leader and a positive influence to his teachers, peers, and community. Most of all, I just want him to have fun as he makes the most of these years ahead. May his experiences in school be ones that he will never forget and that he'll have the opportunity to develop and build strong friendships, discover and learn amazing things, and to have the privilege of becoming an independent individual as he learns to make the right choices and decisions...

Here are a few photos of his orientation last Friday + his FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL TODAY :)

day of orientation

growing taller everyday

"i'm beginning to really like it here"

"its going to be so much fun"

my sons, my pride + joy, my heart + soul

we are so proud of our blessed family

"don't wanna be late, lets go!"

without saying a word to me, his eyes told me "I love you, MOM."

"Mom, are you going to be okay?"

Josiah's first school desk

"okay, so what happens next?"


keeping his focus

the doors close. i stand there to recollect my feelings. 
just breathe.

my other son (who is 4, going to kindergarten next year)
he stops and says, "Mommy, what about me? I wanna go to school, too." he totally was lost w/o his big brother, but he was loving that he got Mommy all to himself for a little while!

xoxo,
Dahlia

P.S.
So... now that I got a little bit more time on my hands means more time to design + create...crossing my fingers! <3

2 comments:

Bíró Ágnes said...

Oh, Dahlia, you have got a beautiful family. Congrat to your boys!!!I just imagine how proud you are of both of them.

Dahlia Co said...

Thank you!! :) :) :)