Monday, October 24, 2011

He{Art} Journal | Let It Rain...



My recent He{Art} Journal -- LET IT RAIN...

Its been over a month since we realized the fact that it's time to sell our home and move. Most of my art supplies were already boxed up to get our home in order for the open house showings.  I was dealing with so many emotions that I needed to paint and express it through art. It was a cold and rainy week, so it only added to my depression. But, in between those days I had caught a glimpse of a rainbow which reminded me of God's promise in the Bible, only to remind me of the promises He personally gave me a long time ago... So, I went and dug through my art box and got what I needed to create this page. 

Rain.

So many times I forget how important it is for us to have RAIN. Rain makes things grow and washes the earth. Rain cleans the air and refreshes it. Without rain, there are no rainbows. :) To me, I relate it to the moments that I struggle with problems and go through trials. But, then how could I appreciate my blessings if I have never suffered grief or felt pain? If we had a perfect life, how can we be thankful for what we have? Could it be that God puts us in these situations where we're cornered by our worldly problems only to find ourselves in desperate need of Him AND to not take anything for granted? I believe so. At least, that's the pattern I've recalled in my past experiences. The times that I've been most vulnerable and broken, were the times that I felt the closest to God. He would show me in ways through loved ones, strangers, through unexpected places or things that I am loved and not alone in my suffering. I've also found what it means to exercise our faith, how to live a life of hope, and most of all, how to receive His perfect love. He promised us He would never leave or forsake us. I sometimes think to myself, "God, do you even care? Where are you when I need you, God?" But, as always He does come through. Just not on my terms or my timing, because His plans for me and His timing is always perfect.

Real life lessons are never learned the easy way, at least for me, it was always the hard way. If being shaken up by our circumstances causes us to stop and wake up from complacency and indifference, I know it's only because He loves me too much to allow me to live a life apart from Him. So when troubles arise and I'm stuck between a rock and hard place, there's only one place I can run to... to Jesus. As much as my stubbornness wants to tell me, I don't need ANYONE to fix my problems, I can do it ALL. BY. MYSELF. (Something my kids tell me all the time!) Ha! But, what do you know, I don't have all the answers and I don't exactly have all the strength to fight a battle that is bigger than I. So, if God is bigger than my problems and His power and strength is greater than mine, than I need to surrender it all to Him. 

So although, I am still human and life will never be perfect, I have to choose each and every day if I'm going to trust in Him or give up, even in the most precarious moments. Rainy days are blessings in disguise and when it rains, I have to remember that I need the rain as well. I need to be tested and walk through valleys if I want to gain a heart of wisdom and increase my faith. And when the rain ends, I hope to see the growth in my life. When I've finished the test, I hope to see the rewards. When I've finished crossing the deep valleys, I hope that I'll reach the mountain top and have a clearer understanding of the big picture. Then, I can testify that GOD is GOOD, not sometimes, but ALL THE TIME. Most of all, I will know that I was never alone and that God's grace has carried me through it all, and it was only to get me to a better place and to become a better person.... Selah.

Here is a video that my dear friend, Juby (thank you Juby!), shared with me that has blessed me immeasurably. Listen to the words and take time to know that you are blessed, even through the raindrops and the tears:

"Blessings" by Laura Story



We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
And we cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
And what if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not, this is not our home
It's not our home


No comments: