Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Prayer | A Home For Christmas




Just a quick drop in to let you know that I am still alive, though it feels like I've been striving to make it through each day...

I've been meaning to catch up with this blog and share the news that we are selling our home after a long battle, 3 years to be exact, with trying to modify our loan with our bank (CHASE). We did all we could and tried our best to save it, but to no avail, we discovered the harsh reality that they have not been able to assist us. With the lack of assistance and support, coupled with the overwhelming rate of persons facing unemployment and/or loss of adequate income, it's been a down spiral for so many people who have found it extremely difficult to keep their homes. Such a sad defeat for hundreds, if not thousands, of homeowners here in the depressed economic state of California. Over the last year, I've seen a large amount of so many homes for sale, pop up and down our neighborhood and along our street. Those days, I remember praying that our home would not follow their fate and that we would be spared from it. Unfortunately, sometimes our prayers are unanswered for whatever reason the One above has chosen to give us a different outcome...

Although it has been a very sad and emotional time for me and my family, it has also been a time of spiritual awakening and self reflection. I am learning to remain humble and to really appreciate what  I have and who I have in my life, instead of finding security and happiness in material possessions. It seems like many of us, forget how temporary it is, one day can change everything just like that. Just like seasons can change in a single moment, we have no control over the changes that come, and sometimes they are hard to accept, but what can you do? You adapt to it and make the necessary adjustments to keep living until the next season. The real challenge for me is, just having to let go before I can actually move forward and accept the fact that these endings are just new beginnings to learn, grow, and mature. Who knows what the future holds, right? Just like Steve Jobs said, "We can't connect the dots looking forward. We can only connect the dots looking backwards."

The past weeks have been a struggle trying to maintain balance between the chaos and living as normal as possible. Day in and day out, my husband and I are burdened with facing the uncertainty of where to move to and finding the right home for our family. On top of that, we have a limited amount of time before this house is either purchased by another deserving family or sold at auction. You can imagine, the loss of appetite and sleep this has caused me. :( Our hopes and dreams in this house has literally come to an end. Yet, we feel a sense of peace that maybe this is His way of taking this burden away from us, only to give us something something BETTER.

On the other hand, I have been blessed by those who have showed us comfort and encouragement that we are not alone in this. In fact, I was encouraged to know that a few of my friends have gone through the same exact ordeal and now they are in a much better place. Their wisdom and understanding that they've experienced has given me so much hope for a new beginning and for a fresh start. As they say, "when one door closes, another one opens" and that is the one hope I have at this moment other than for my family to find a home before the holidays, where we can at least celebrate Christmas together as a family...

So, will you pray for us? Pray specifically that this transition of a new buyer and our search for a new home goes well so that my family, especially my children, will find the right home before Christmas. It would be such a blessing to us. That would be so awesome to end this year with that special gift and to be able to enjoy the blessing of a new home.

Thank you so much and God bless,


post signature

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

You have such a refreshing, positive attitude considering what you and I and so many others are going through. Please keep being the strength unto others :)

Bernadette said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you're going through this. When I heard you were looking, I thought it was for a bigger house. Keep those spirits high and if I could help, please let me know. Take care!!!