Friday, February 4, 2011

Safari Baby Shower



Tomorrow, I am hosting my sister's baby shower and wanted to share the invitations and favors that I designed for her and my brother-in-law. When they asked me to design their invites, I already knew they were expecting a boy, but still didn't know exactly what theme I was going to go with, which they gave me full permission to get creative. So what I did, was look up their baby registry items and saw that most of the gifts that they requested had this jungle safari theme. I copied an image from the site that had these cute baby animals and a color swatch that I can pull from and went from there.

I knew that although I could have illustrated my own little animals (which maybe I could do one day), I just didn't have the time. Illustrations are something you don't want to rush creating and knowing me, I would probably take forever. So in cases like this, sometimes I find it more convenient to search around for other high-quality designs that I can use. Of course, whenever you do that you have to read the designer's terms of use and make sure that it's perfectly okay for S4H (scrap-for-hire) or personal use. If you plan to resell your derivative works, you would need to purchase designs that are offered for 'commercial/professional use' for a fee that is either offered directly or you may have to contact the designer for permission and their policy details. Anyways, that's another different topic that we won't get into right now:)

That being said, I used Lisa Sisnero's 'Animal Crackers' kit from her shop at Little Dreamer Designs. It contained exactly what I needed and it was so much fun to work with. I absolutely love her animal doodles :) Aren't they adorable???

Check them out!


If you're curious to know, I got these printed by Persnickety Prints, who do fabulous prints by the way. They're actually having a Super Bowl sale starting Sunday, so if you're wanting to catch on printing your digital scrapbook pages, now is the time to do it and save a little extra money! For more details, visit their blog.

The favors are basically your typical Hershey's chocolate bar which I bought from bulk at Costco. I designed the wrapper, cut it to size, score the appropriate areas to fold, then used glue dots to stick it all together. On the back, it says "Thank you for joining us"... Easy peasy and oh so cute!


Will be back with more photos of the shower! Have a great weekend!


post signature

No comments: