Wednesday, November 25, 2009

C2 | Poppy Paperie

Hello Wednesday!! :)

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day and my family and I are looking forward to spending time with loved ones and gathering together for some good food and good times. I know that for the most part, I will be running around attending parties from one side of the family to another, but overall, it will be worthwhile to reconnect with close and distant friends and relatives. Most of all, it will be a time to reflect and be thankful for so many blessings that we've been so fortunate to have, something that I try to do on a daily basis, but Thanksgiving definitely puts our lives on pause for a day to be reminded just how blessed we really are and gives us the chance to express our appreciation to those around us, whether it be towards someone close or towards a perfect stranger... For me, it's a day that instills this sense of peace and security because it causes me to remember how far I've come and the many things I've had to survive to get to the place where I'm now, so I then remember to always be thankful for each day that I am still alive and well and for my husband and family who have enriched and touched my life in such an indescribable way. It also stirs up a certain desire in my heart to reach out to others and give what I have to those who don't have, especially children. My heart is with them, wherever and  whoever they are. I may give donations of food, clothing, money, etc., but deep inside I long to hold a child's hand and hold them close, wipe their tears, and tell them they're going to be okay. It pains me when I think of how so many are without a loving parent(s) or family to care for them. What I'm destined to do, I don't know, but I do know that I will someday fulfill that calling...

Oops! I didn't mean to go this far and deep in expressing my thoughts... Hope you didn't mind me sharing!
Thank you for reading this far. :)

When I started to prepare for this C2 | CREATIVE CONNECTION post, I was going through my blog list and remembered how much I loved handmade cards. It was the first paper craft obsession that got me started on this journey. Cardmaking was my thing as I was growing up. I was addicted, and still am, to stationary, paper, rubber stamps, stickers, embellishments, ribbons, EVERYTHING... You name it! In fact, I have one whole side of my two door closet, dedicated to paper craft stash. I've been dreaming of my own craft studio, but that hasn't happened...yet.  :) Still dreaming and believing it will come true, but for now, I have a small little corner space in my sons' bedroom, cluttered and crowded with just enough room for my printer and laptop. *sigh*.

Okay, moving along... I would like to share with you this wonderful blog: POPPY PAPERIE owned by Lisa Johnson. 



You will love reading and browsing through her beautiful creations she has made using Papertrey Ink's products and her Clear stamps designs that she digitally designs for the company. It's card heaven for me. I also love the fact that she digitally designs clear stamps, something that I remember wanting to do at one point in my creative journey, and still something I think about doing. I have a huge collection of rubber and clear stamps to this day and it all started when I was in my elementary school years that I began my rubber stamp hobby collecting Hello Kitty and other Sanrio stamps. I also remember never wanting to share them with anyone..LOL! Oh the memories...

Visit her gallery portfolio of her published art and you will be amazed at all the fabulous cards that were so beautifully made through Poppy Paperie.

Here is a few of my favorites:

 


If I ever find the time to dig around for some cards that I've made in the past and be brave enough to share them with you, maybe it will rekindle that flame I once had to make cards again... It's not that I don't care for it anymore or lost interest, it just found itself pushed aside for a little while as my life got busier and full of demands. But, just like I mentioned earlier...one day my personal and devoted craft studio will eventually exist somewhere in my household or maybe, just maybe.... in a bigger and new house.... Then, making cards are definitely a priority in my creative to-do-list. Here I go dreaming again:).

Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!!

No comments: