Tuesday, November 24, 2009

DIY Wish Lists | Photos

 
Yes, I'm done! I didn't realize that it would take me a whole day to work on this, but I had the absolute best time just decorating the finished WISH LISTS. After printing them out, I thought it needed something extra and it led me to dig through my huge stash of supplies that I've collected over the years. I couldn't believe how much supplies I had at my disposal to work with and create so many things. I guess you can say, I've been the addictive type when it comes to scrapbook stuff, buying every cute and adorable thing there is at a craft store, but never wanting to use it for anything for the fact that I can't let go of such cool paper, stickers, punches, stamps, etc.... Well, I'm finally seeing that I can no longer live this way and my creativity is limited when I choose not to create and play and make beautiful things that I and/or others can enjoy... We only live once, right?

So, what I ended up doing was pasting my wish list onto colored cardstock, giving it that matted border around the edges, as well as giving the paper more support. Then I punched small holes at the top and added ribbon which can be used for hanging or pinning up on the wall. After that, I found some buttons, glittered felt, and beads to add a little dimension to it. Voila!  I especially loved the cute snowman. :)

The great thing about hybrid is that I can reuse the digital kit over and over again and print out different things to make with it, without having to repurchase everything all over again, like I would have to if this were all completely made with supplies bought at a craft store. See why I love this? :)

Next, I'm going to try making an advent/countdown calendar using Michelle Filo's ::Hybrid Magic No.15 Advent Christmas Calendar Template:: . Hope it turns out as good as this last project!



Thank you so much for stopping by! Tomorrow is Creative Connection Wednesday, so be sure to come back for more inspiration....

Cheers!

No comments: