Monday, April 25, 2011

He{ART} JOURNAL | CHERISH

Hi everyone! Hope you had a fabulous Easter weekend :) It's such a great time for our family to remember what we believe and no, not just in the Easter bunny, lol, although we love candy and egg hunts.  Our faith is such an important part of our heritage and I love how my children have really come to understand so much about the love of God. Because of it, they have a strong sense of what it means to love and respect others, not out of fear, but out of their own desires to make this world a better place and to bless others...

I created another page for my art journal over the weekend and this time experimented with dry watercolor paint. Michaels has a really inexpensive art brand, Artist's Loft, and found this assorted palette of dry watercolor paint for only $5.


I found them really nice to work with and just love all the colors! The first layer of course was Gesso and then I experimented with the colors which at first, I wasn't too happy with. But, the wonderful thing about the art process, is I can always paint it over and that is exactly what I did. Later on, I used a standard sand paper to scrap the top layer which allowed for some of the interesting color to peek through and give it a really nice texture and depth of color. 

He{ART} Journal | Cherish




This page is simply about the things that I do CHERISH at the moment and what I take time to appreciate as much as I can... Not only are some of them the big things, but most are the little things that really matter to me...

xoxo

post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is just fabulous, Dahlia. I love it!