Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Art Journal Workshop | She Had 3 Hearts

Graphic from Christy Tomlinson
An old Chinese Proverb reads, " a woman has three hearts... one she shares with the world... one she shares family..  and one she shares only with herself.


Some of you know that I have been dabbling in art journaling here and there which I'm still very new at, but every time I create a page, my love for art journaling continues to grow. I often think about what I'm going to do next, how I envision it, what is it that I want to express, and how do I want to express it.

Every day I have these pent up emotions and thoughts that I feel can only be expressed through writing in journals. So far, I've collected journals since the 6th grade and still counting. Many know that I'm not very chatty and love to keep things inside, but will only share with a few people who are very close to me. Yet sometimes, even those who are close to me, may not fully understand or comprehend what I'm going through or feeling.  So, after realizing that art journaling is such a perfect method of self expression combined with creativity, I know that it's not only fun and inspiring, but it's uplifting to my soul and provides an escape from the chaos of life.

So, I have been searching all over the web for a workshop to guide me deeper into art journaling and found so many out there. I took time to really figure out what seemed to be the best for me although I had such a hard time deciding. But, I've settled on taking Christy Tomlinson's -- She Had Three Hearts Workshop. I love her style and have such confidence in her work just by browsing through all of her amazing pieces of art and also viewing the demo video. The classes are self-paced with video tutorials and PDF downloads, an online community, and Flickr group. So excited to start!!!!!


Registration is NOW open and if you register before May 2nd, you will save about $10 off the regular price!

I can't wait to meet other artists and be inspired, but most of all to have a great learning experience!

xoxo,
post signature

No comments: