Saturday, August 27, 2011

He{ART} JOURNAL | Home Is....

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by the Managing Editor of a well-known publication company which I choose to not disclose yet, not until I find out if my art work does or does not get selected to be included in their January 2012 issue. But, the fact that my work had attracted interest, has surprised me because I have never been published, nor did I even expect the opportunity to come knocking at my door. I am truly humbled and blessed. Whether or not I will see photos of my art journal printed and sold on the shelves at bookstores, it has motivated me to never underestimate my creativity or ability to inspire others. 

Here is the most recent page that I completed before I shipped my journal out, called "Home Is...". The quote says, "Where we love is home--home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts..." I chose this quote because I've moved so much in my lifetime, yet every place I have lived has left me with fond memories especially my childhood home. And in the present moment, 1132 is our house number and it is the home that both my boys are growing up in. So many precious memories are made here for all of us and we hope to live in this house for as long as we can. However, with the economy crisis and so many people on our block moving due to financial hardships, it worries me that one day we may face the decision to move as well. Only God knows what will happen, so we continue to have faith in His plan. 


He{ART} Journal | Home Is...






post signature

No comments: