Sunday, January 22, 2012

{CREATIVELY MADE} Week One : Altered Journal

WEEK ONE: Altered Journal Cover

Just letting you peek on my current project for Creatively Made, workshop by Jeanne Oliver. The first week has really been amazing as I watched some of the videos from Jeanne sharing some of her wisdom and insight about the creative gifts that have been instilled in us. I sometimes had moments where I would choke up and feel like crying because a lot of her messages were very relational to what I had gone through as I began my journey towards discovering my dreams and desires to become an artist. The challenges of balancing life with family, to overcoming fears about finding my purpose in what I do, to not giving up on the dreams I have for myself and family and some of the realities that she and many women struggle with, was very encouraging and eye-opening that it taught me the importance of finding that voice in ourselves and connecting with the God-given gifts that was placed in us. We all have a gift and it is to inspire and bless, not only ourselves, but to inspire and bless others. One thing that really resonated in my heart, was her insight that our gifts and creativity, will always be in line with our family values and dynamics, it will never oppose and conflict with what's important to our family. Simply an amazing revelation, at least to me. It just felt so good to have that affirmation that I am not alone. Hearing her stories, as well as the stories shared by everyone in the class, has been such a blessing to me so far and really uplifted my spirit and soul in an immeasurable way. 

***

We had already finished Week Two, but I am still behind in creating an Altered Journal cover from Week One's lesson. I had such a busy week that I couldn't begin on it right away, but I am determined to work on it and finish at my own pace. 



I spent today looking through magazines and found some clippings of words, quotes, titles, and also images of models and cool backgrounds, like the peacock feathers which I love. This is my first time actually doing a mixed media collage using cut outs from magazines, so I'm not that familiar with this technique, but I'm really excited to finally experiment with it and see how it turns out.


So, here is a peek at what I've done midway, using this lady that I cut out from a magazine ad, ephemera, acrylic paints, stickers, rubber stamps, and a butterfly die cut. Will share more details on that once I complete this project. :)

I'm about to leave to watch the Niners playoff game, so this is going to be sitting on my table until I get back! Woot, woot!!

GO NINERS!!!!!!

post signature


No comments: