Thursday, February 23, 2012

Little Artists

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." 
Pablo Picasso

***

My youngest niece, Ava, coloring with crayons. 

My niece, Arielle, drawing with me and creating Valentine's art.

Arielle drawing a big heart for her Mama.

Coloring in action.


Love this sweetie!


Asia, whom I call my Little Shadow, and I. 


Lucas got messy with Mommy's spray inks, paints and stencils.


Josiah also got to create his very first mixed media page using spray inks, paints, and stencils. 


***

I enjoy creating with my kids and nieces. It gives me a sense of purpose and fulfillment to why I love being an artist. I not only enjoy being creative, but I also discovered that I enjoy teaching art as well. Hopefully, this journey will lead me one day to teach the youth to explore their creative gifts and grow as their own individual artists. It's a lot to hope for, but I believe deep down that it's where my destiny truly lies.

xoxo,






post signature

No comments: