Monday, May 23, 2011

25 Years Ago....


Just wanted to share a little bit about why May 21st is such a significant date for me (no, not because of the recent scare of Judgement Day). Every year, May and June always seems to be those few months out of the year, where I find myself a little down and depressed, especially when Mother's and Father's Day come around. This year marks 25 years since my beloved mother passed away from Leukemia and regardless of how so many years have come and gone, I still feel that pain and sorrow as if it were yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I do celebrate their lives and honor them during these special holidays and am very thankful that I can still cherish the memories I have of them. But of course, I still yearn and long for yesterday and often question what life would be like if they had lived. So, just wanted to briefly share what has been on my heart lately and how at times I tend to get lost in my emotions whenever I think of my parents being gone too soon. Yet, I do believe that one day when that moment comes, I will be reunited with them again and all I could do is live each day, one day at a time, living out my life the way they would have wanted me to, especially to be the best wife, mom, sister, and friend to those that are near and dear to my heart....

xoxo,

post signature

No comments: