Friday, July 16, 2010

Follow Your Heart | CT withdrawals....


Credits:

Yes, I scrapped another layout :) I love the feeling and I've missed it somewhat a lot since I have not been on any creative teams for quite a long time. Being a designer has it's thrills and I love that, too. But, there's nothing like telling your story and bringing your memories to life. I am a storyteller at heart. I love stories. I especially love documenting the here and now, the has been, and the hopes and dreams of what I want my future to hold. I also, as you can see in my layout, love to share pieces of my heart....

I want need to scrap more... I can't afford not to. I'd be lost if I ever let that part of me disappear. So, I'm going to strive to get myself more in the mindset that scrapbooking, memory preserving, history making, heritage building, autobiography and photo journaling, is an essential part of my life and that my future family generations depend on it. But, how? Perhaps, joining a creative team will challenge me to do just that. Like I said, it's been a while, but I feel it's time I let my life shine and unleash this untapped creativity that is waiting to let loose and just flow ... 

So there are few CT calls out there that I'm going to jump on and I'd be so happy to join any one, hoping they see me fit for their team :) But, one team is all I am able to commit to at the moment... Here is the order in which I am applying since their deadlines are in consecutive order. So we'll see what happens! Wish me luck!


xoxo,
Dahlia

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ironically, I'm thinking about quitting CTs because I'm concentrating on CT requirements (and needing all the pretty kits if I'm honest!) rather than the layouts that I need to do to get my albums finished ... :)

Guess I just need to find that balance

Dahlia Co said...

Yes, I learned that lesson long time ago being on 7 teams, a challenge coordinator, and designer at one time. I will never do that again. Balance is truly important. Which is why i know that one CT is all I can handle right now:) You gotta do what is best for you and your family <3