Thursday, July 1, 2010

In The Garden : Summer Is In Bloom

It's the first of July! Half of the year is now behind us, as well as half of the summer. Time is definitely moving fast and soon before you know it, we will be celebrating the holidays again...

Today, I thought I'd share a few photos of our garden and the Dahlias that my husband lovingly cares for every year. Some of the bulbs we have are from years ago when we first got married which was a gift from a friend and some we found along the way at the SF Flower & Garden Show, from neighborhood nurseries, at Home Depot, or on Ebay. The whole story behind it though, is that my husband didn't plant them until he met me. Such a sweet man he is. :)  So, every year these beautiful Dahlias come out to bring a bit of sunshine to my life when they bloom during the summer/fall season. Aren't they just lovely?



Take a closer look...








I may be a bit biased about them since I am named after the flower, but these flowers are simply amazing :) They come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, colors, textures, you name it... If we could, we would love to have just one HUGE grove of Dahlias which is why we try to make an annual trip to the SF Conservatory of Flowers during the time their Dahlias are in bloom. If you ever go there to visit, maybe you'll think of me ;) 

Hope you enjoyed a little part of my garden, many more to come! Wait till you see what else my Hubby the 'gardener' has been growing... Don't worry, it's all legal! hahaha...

Happy July!

Best,
Dahlia

No comments: