Friday, July 23, 2010

Napa Valley Getaway | Part 1

For a few days, Rob and I took a little drive up northeast from the San Francisco bay area to Sonoma and Napa Valley to celebrate my birthday. Before checking into the hotel, we attended an orchestra concert for the first time. At the 5th Annual Festival del Sole, Joshua Bell ("named the 2010 Instrumentalist of the Year by Musical America"), Jean-Yves Thibaudet ("one of most sought after pianists"), Alondra de la Parra ("one of the most compelling conductors of her generation") and the Russian National Orchestra ("one of the world's top orchestras") performed at the Lincoln Theatre in Napa Valley. 

This symphony experience was unforgettable and I have no words to describe the beautiful music that was orchestrated so brilliantly by these musicians, nor will I ever be able to grasp how deep it resonated in my soul. It was heavenly and inspiring. Simply stunning is all I can say.... I do have another post dedicated to this experience in the works:)

Lincoln Theatre 

the lagoon outside our hotel room @ the Gaia Hotel


the friendly duck that came over to say hello


the boon fly cafe @carneros inn


fresh bottled water


gulp, gulp, gulp


crab cake for me...yum!


kobe burger for my hubby


the vineyards


ahh, so bountiful


our destination 


welcome to viansa

More photos of part 2 to come:) Thanks for looking!

xoxo,
Dahlia

No comments: